Roy was an Olympic distance triathlete and club standard runner who juggled his time with being a new father and a stressful career in the legal profession. His ambition was to finish Ironman UK and become an ‘IronMan’!
• Roy has a running and swimming background and had posted good times in half and full marathons; Half = 1:43, Full = 4:20:55.
• He’d finished Salford Olympic distance Triathlon 4 times with a best time of 2:52:31.
• He wanted to complete and finish an Ironman.
• Roy lacked having a sounding board for ideas or to advise and coax him to achieve the sessions that we all hate – but make you a winner!
• Roy had relatively little biking experience and his longest ride pre-coaching was 70 miles.
• He had limited time to fit around his job and family.
• Roy had little experience or knowledge of race planning strategies and pacing over long distances.
THE SOLUTION AND HOW TO FINISH AN IRONMAN
• We started 10 months out from IM Bolton UK 2017 with a macro periodised year plan.
• The initial target was to build endurance in all three disciplines followed by race specific preparation.
• The plan’s focus was on:
• YOU ARE AN IRONMAN! – Roy did finish and completed in 13hrs 35mins
• PB for Salford Olympic distance of 2:37:02 – a 15 minute improvement!
• Marathon PB at Liverpool of 4:05:49 then PB again at Chester 3:49:36.
• 1500m Swim PB of 26:33.
• Improvement of 20% in FTP on the bike.
Call us on 07917 617988 or email email@example.com