Mark Haynes is an amateur time triallist, based in West Yorkshire and races for the Alba Rosa Cycling Club.
• Mark was a competent cyclist juggling a full time job that involves both manual work, time on his feet and driving/administration. His job also includes shift work.
• Mark also has a busy home life as he and his partner are foster carers and need to be flexible around the needs of their children.
• Mark was competing in time trials across the country.
• When we first started working with Mark, he had Pb’s of 22:41 ‘10’ and 59:40 ‘25’
• Mark has 8-10hrs per week to train.
• Job and home life means his schedule can change at short notice.
• Maintaining consistency of training with a varying schedule.
• Monitoring progression.
• Targeted training for his goals.
• Work needed on pacing and racing strategies.
• Specific training sessions to build Mark’s endurance for his target events.
• Interval sessions to focus on improving his FTP and race pacing.
• Short time/high intensity sessions to maximise results from limited training time.
• Focus on position, making sure to balance aerodynamically best position whilst still able to produce the power – train to race.
• Up to 10% improvement in his times for 10 and 25 mile time trials.
• 10% increase in FTP.
• W/Kg has improved from 3.1 at FTP to 3.8 (Jan 2018)
10 Mile TT
25 Mile TT
• Targeting a sub 20 minute ’10’ and a 52min ‘25’.
• Continual work on TT position and aero optimisation.
• Focus on diet and DNA targeted training.
Call us on 07917 617988 or email email@example.com