Bex is already a well known name in cycling circles, being a former elite pro road racer. She now wanted to turn her attention to becoming an IronMan and qualifying for the famous Kona event.
• Bex is a very strong cyclist.
• She was also a talented swimmer – having competed at county level when at school.
• Her goal was to complete an IronMan triathlon and qualify for the Kona World Championships.
• Bex has a legendary attitude and commitment to training, a definite bonus for a challenging goal.
• Bex has very little experience of running, which could cause injury problems.
• She has a very busy life – family, full-time job and coaching kids leaves little time for training.
• Managing Bex’s running training would be tricky – ensuring she was injury free would be a challenge.
• With limited time, we targeted her strengths of cycling and swimming so she could execute them really well and build a big time cushion coming into the run.
• With no time to really target Bex’s weak running we worked on basic endurance so she would complete the distance.
• We managed the risk of running injury by loading up the bike training and adding split run sessions mixed with cross training.
• Won her first Half IronMan!
• 4th overall and won all age groups at IM Bolton, qualifying for Kona, despite having 4 weeks out due to a calf tear at the Blackpool Half Marathon.
• Bex was selected for the highly prestigious Zwift Academy Triathlon Team.
• Despite the addition of other sport training, Bex maintained her very strong cycling ability.
• Worked hard on her swimming talents – so much so that she beat all the pro’s out of the water at IM Bolton!
Call us on 07917 617988 or email firstname.lastname@example.org