- 15g raisins
- 1 tsp garlic oil
- 100g smoked pancetta cubes
- 1 shallot – finely sliced
- ½ tsp cumin
- 200g borlotti beans
- 100g chicory / or little gem lettuce – sliced
- chunk of brown crusty bread (25g approx)
- in a mug cover the raisins in 100ml boiling water
- Add the pancetta to a deep frying pan on a medium heat for 3-5 minutes, then add the shallot for another 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the cumin and stir in for 30 seconds then add the raisings and boiling water and allow to come to a simmer.
- Drain and rinse the borlotti beans and add to the pan with the sliced chicory or little gem. Add 100-2200ml water to cover the beans and cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Mash a few of the beans during the last few minutes of cooking to thicken the stew. Season to taste, serve with the chunk of crusty break
|Energy (K/Cal)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)|