Here’s a great soupy idea for something a bit different, filled with anti-oxidants, fibre, vitamins in the quality veg and made with 100% fresh and natural ingredients.
Its easy to make and ideal for a midday snack, or post training warm up on these cold wintry days, but with one eye round the corner for summer that’s coming!
- 2 cloves of garlic – finely sliced
- 50g carrots – finely chopped
- 50 courgette – finely chopped
- ½ red onion – finely chopped
- 2 rashers smoked bacon – finely chopped
- 1 tomato – roughly chopped
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley – roughly chopped
- 1 big handful baby spinach – roughly chopped
- 50g thick cut roast ham – sliced into small pieces
- 50g frozen peas
- 500ml veg stock
- 50g whole wheat spaghetti – broken into small pieces
- 1 handful little gem lettuce leaves – sliced
- olive oil
- Place the garlic, carrots, bacon into a large pan on a medium heat this the olive oil. Cooks for 5 mins then add the courgettes and ham. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato spinach and parsley to the pan, add the peas and the stock.
- When at the boil add the pasta and the seasoning – simmer for 15 inutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Just before the pasta is ready add the sliced lettuce and stir in
|Energy (K/Cal)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)|
Maybe have with some soda bread?
Contact us http://www.peakssportsconsultancy.com to discuss your training and racing nutritonal needs