Feeling a bit indulgent or Mediterranean? Why not try this great little recipe? Dead easy to do containing a great balance of protein, fibre, vitamins and low in calories. Ideal if you are looking to watch calories, or as a between training snack.
Falafel Wraps with Grilled Vegetables
For the falafel
- 100g mixed beans
- 100g chick peas
- ½ lemon
- ½ tsp harissa
- 1tsp all spice
- ½ tsp plain flour
- ½ handful fresh coriander
- olive oil
- 1 pepper – chopped
- 2 spring onion – chopped
- 2 small whole wheat tortillas
- 50g low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tsp chilli sauce
- Drain the beans and the chick peas and put into a processor with the lemon zest, seasonings, flour and coriander stalks – blitz until smooth.
- Scrape out the mixture and divide into 4 patties about 1.5cm thick. Fry in the olive oil.
- Add the pepper and spring onion to a griddle or frying pan and cook until ready.
- Heat the tortliias in a microwave
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the vegetables
- Combine the chilli sauce and cottage cheese together in a bowl and serve on the side
|Energy (K/Cal)||Protein (g)||Fat (g)|
Contact us at http://www.peakssportsconsultancy.com to discuss your training & racing nutritional needs.